The Table Game story flow

Here’s the story flow for The Table Game. I wanted to keep it compact as the book that inspired this game is very short too. I created a couple of alternate endings to expand the possibilities what could happen to a table that runs away from home. I decided there is no fail state, and make each ending is equal to another, despite what happens.

Spoilers ahead! If you want to not to be spoiled about the themes of the endings, don’t read further. :smiley:

The paths that lead to the table escaping to the nature, the table transforms into something else. Those endings can be viewed as a death of the table. The only endings where the table “lives” are the ones it chooses to stay close to humans, which was not the original plan of the table. I thought it’d be nice to experiment on what it means to complete set goals in a game.

4 Likes

I love the effort and passion you put into it.

Thank you for your encouraging comment, once again, Kevin!

I’ve wanted to make a game about this for a long time, so I’m glad this course gave me the chance. :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff dude! Looks like you put a lot of work into this and there are many endings.

Thanks! :relaxed: I have the first playable version ready today if you wanna try it.

Yeah for sure. Send me the link and I’ll play it as soon as I can.

Here you go! Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

I really enjoy the look of the game! Mine is very similar, with basically a wanted poster serving as the background. I really dig what you’ve done with the table being bigger and the title on the side, though. It adds a real feel of the game being like a contained document.

1 Like

Nice game! I really enjoyed the theme you got there. Also, i love the concept of alternative endings, that will help players to immerse more into game and enjoy full story.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms