The Desk

Hi,

Here is my desk now with Materials/Lights and Rendering :slight_smile:

Never know that lighting can be so tricky.
However, I’m excited for the next lecture :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Lighting is a tricky subject - I’m also only early in my Blender journey - but I’ve very recently posted here about how you might get an early jump on Lighting - I don’t think I’ve posted anything grievously wrong here. Might be worth a look as you can try it all in under 10 mins

https://community.gamedev.tv/t/simple-building-before-the-bowling-pin/161474/3

3 Likes

Would you happen to know if anyone actually makes any money from such sites? I guess as I would prefer to make models even if I could afford to buy them I do not have an average perception of the putting things on such sites. Is it just the really really good stuff?

The detail on this is really good! Well done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmmmmmm…

I was thinking, great question - I would like to know the answer to this also - not sure we got one though.

@Whos_The_Best 's reply is more about the taking on of commissions, making things to order, as I understand it. I think that is beyond me and my interests to be fair, at my time of life. A great deal if not all of it seems architectural visuals. Very pro oriented needing Max files etc.

1 Like

I don’t want to confuse anyone, I just wanted to share some information pertaining to the way the desk look of the original post reminded me that that is exactly the look and feel some people or companies are looking for.

Love you all!

1 Like

@NP5 Yeah but therein lies my confusion (I’m not actually confused, just under-informed).

So @Whos_The_Best comments to the OP about “…think you can make money doing just that…” was to a beginner (no disrespect). I get it’s kind of a plug comment for CG Trader and it’s a “Keep up the great work” also… Seemed a little bit random though.

But then the work on CG Trader seems very professional as you say.

You asked do people make money - and the comment, question and reply just seem to bare no relation to each other.

1 Like

Agreed, I think I may have stirred up the bottom of the pot with my reply… Ill be removing it so that the persons post doesn’t get diluted.

cheers everyone for replying with your thoughts

1 Like

Hey, I replied to your first one because I made a desk also, here’s how mine turned out after materials and lighting!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms