The Descent: My Project Boost

Really really excited to have finished the project boost section of the Unity 3D course. Thank you GameDev.tv for the excellent tutorial!

I went on a bit of a tangent with my project boost: no death & no obstacles, just a silent cruise through some moody environments. I’d love to create games all about atmosphere and storytelling one day so I took this as a little experiment.

To play: https://sharemygame.com/@Merwesh/the-descent

Space: boost
Left arrow: left
Right arrow: right

Collide with the gate at the end of the level to progress to the next one

I’d love to add some music to this game to bring it to life in the next pass. Feedback is more than welcome! Thanks for reading/playing!

2 Likes

Really cool concept! Also, I love your environment setting.
Personally, I think it will be better if you make your cruiser a bit more lightened.

Hi Johnny! Thank you for trying my game out!! Yeah I definitely agree, I’m guessing it was hard for you to see the cruiser as you were playing?

Awesome job releasing your game! :grin::clap:

Thanks Kevin!

This game could use a lot more obstacles, I basically just flew straight from the spawn to the gate with no hassle on every level. I do really like the style of it though

Very Cool game ! Please add lighting effects in your game, its kinda dark in there. Put some obstacles for more challenging gameplay. Rest things are good. Keep it up dude! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @Robradz and @Akshay_Manthekar for playing my game!! I’m glad the visual style was appealing to you both. In terms of the feedback, I’ll definitely incorporate it into future projects. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Really like the look of this, real nice atmosphere to it.

Thank you @TrashRat that means a lot to me!

Privacy & Terms