The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 7: 2017) Underwater Scene

Hi all, I have chosen an Underwater scene for this weeks challenge. It could be a coral reef or some fishes or dolphins swimming in the ocean ā€¦ could be a shipwreck or a sunken car ā€¦doesnt matter what as long as it is underwater :slight_smile: As always as simple or as complex as anyone wants, all entries are welcomed / wanted and appreciated regardless of skill level or complexity ! We all were at the beginning at some point, so donā€™t be shy and make an entry its a great way to learn and practice your blender skills / get feedback from other Blenderites and have your work immortalised on Gamdev :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In a previous theme (The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 21)), i used this tuto to build my project :
https://youtu.be/FQ2xujM-_jE

AApef: thanks for posting that tutorialā€¦its awesome!! Hey looked at your work with the shark in the above thread ā€¦****** excellent scene mate! I didnā€™t realise we had done a water scene before or i would have picked something elseā€¦ i just figured an underwater scene would be challenging to make it look goodā€¦

It was ā€œwaterā€ theme, not really underwater :wink:

I found a beautifull model from Canonfish (http://www.blendswap.com/user/canonfish).

The HMS Lion before :

and after (in reality the HMS Lion didnā€™t sunk) :

9 Likes

I love this scene!! This is great , very well done my friendā€¦awesome!

Thank you :wink:

My entry is currently rendering ā€¦ will be over in a little bit over 10 hours ā€¦ no rush

Here is my submission for this week ā€¦ an old diverā€™s helmet surrounded by seaweed ā€¦ hope you like it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hereā€™s mine. One day I plan on sending one of these. :smile:

11 Likes

I like the perspective on this Nixā€¦

1 Like

ooo, nice idea there Nix, looks smart.

sorry, all I could muster during lunch breaks at work this week, too much paperwork :frowning:
But had fun destressing doin it this week :slight_smile:

as Im going through the human head part of the course, tried looking at loops/quads and using the rip/fill tools.

11 Likes

These are all so awesome , you guys are a talented bunch! I like them all, every single one has its own charmā€¦ you guys rock!

1 Like

Heheā€¦ this is very coolā€¦ love the worm! :smiley:

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t go with my fish idea, it wouldnā€™t have been as cute as yours. :smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys! Here we go, one more poll! Winner will be decided this time tomorrow (Or at least as soon as I remember xD)

Fantastic :smiley:

The results are in after 24hrs, and the winner of the Weekly is @Oboshape with his great fish :smiley:

@OboShape Can you please create the thread with the topic for this week.

2 Likes

Congrats oboshape !

2 Likes

Thank you, had alot of fun with this one and enjoy looking at everyones hard work :slight_smile:

Sorry it took so long to get one posted today. No internet access at work :frowning:

For this weekā€¦

Privacy & Terms