The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 4)

an Aluminum Plane :airplane: (without paint :paintbrush:) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great design! And love the picture

1 Like

I just posted this separately not knowing the theme of the week, but here’s a submission.

5 Likes

Well done. Mate the shape is spot on!! Be sure and post the finished result for us. I love plane models. Really good!

Yup, as rszrka says, spot on!

Hi there!

May I submit my entry too? I made this this week. It’s long from finished unfortunately, but I won’t have any time in the next few days, weekends are busy at work here… Anyway, imagine yourself in 2078, these could be the future public transportations. Guided by magnetic rails, theywill stop on request. Railing could be on ever position around the wheel. Of course, the seats are kept on flat position by advanced gyroscopic technologies. I know the skyboxe is not correct, the ground not faded in, but hell, started blender amonth ago and I wanted to focus solely on the vehicules!

The one is front has open doors while the second on the background is closed. Didn’t include passengers lol

6 Likes

That’s a great idea with those big wheels. It reminds a little bit of this vehicle: https://martinusevers.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/bigwheel1915_jacquesdevos.png . That was actually a misunderstanding from the artist as the actual big wheel project was far more boring: http://www.landships.info/landships/tank_articles/images/Steam_Wheeled_Tank_2.jpg But ever since I’ve seen it I’ve been wanting to make a scale model of it. :slight_smile:

And here is my entry: a little steamwagon. It’s still missing bits and a place for the driver to sit (just before the engine) but there is enough to see what I had in mind. :slight_smile:

It’s a digital version of a vehicle which I sculpted as RL miniature a long time ago. I made the original model in Creo (so that bit is for inspiration only), cut it into the different material bits, stuck it together in Blender and added the materials.

4 Likes

this is soon freakin cool…i hope thy have vehicles like thi one day! really awesome, what great imagination and work!

Looking great! This reminds me of something, I’ve seen that in a game or something, can’t remember exactly where. Great steampunk art!

I really like the steam punk train aswell!! That is also great work and imaginative…my earlier comment was for your work psychokilier …

Oh, thank you @rszarka!

Perhaps a dwarven or gnome steam vehicle? Mine was designed over 15 years ago for this project: http://miniature-painting.net/visions-putty-5/ming-hua-kao Funny to consider that this was my first 3D CAD design I made (in Solid Edge). It was then sculpted in putty and now I’ve created a digital model again based on the sculpt. :smiley:

Hey guys this is my entry. This is my first try with Depth of Field.
I’m not going to use sketchfab because i’m lazy lol, too much trouble work to set the materials right.

I’m keep working on that for a background for my new pc, i will use the road like texture to make a weird thing with some car and a person probably, something like that, i like weird stuff :joy:.

5 Likes

Very Nice :slight_smile::+1: @Lucas_Lima

1 Like

Looking awesome!

1 Like

Not enough time this week to fully work on my model. But here is my progress right now.
Blocked out transporter, uvmapped and added first normalmap details :slight_smile:

:+1: Fail Faster - there is no instant win :+1:
Twitter: @GamedevCala - Blog: nerd-time.com - Twitch: GamedevCala

1 Like

Im Kinda cheating with this entry as i have been working o this VW awhile but this week did a bunch more work on it because of this thread :slight_smile: all of these entries are awesome…lucas lima skate board…WOW! now i have to investigate depth of field…your skateboard is awesome mate! Gamedevcala awesome truck mate! just great entries all around!

5 Likes

Ok, I went ahead and textured it this evening, so I get something done for this weeks challenge. As always: I learned a lot and will base my next models on this knowledge :smiley:

:+1: Fail Faster - there is no instant win :+1:
Twitter: @GamedevCala - Blog: nerd-time.com - Twitch: GamedevCala

3 Likes

Hey guys! Fantastic entires from everyone. I apologize for not getting my own entry ready on time. There’s always next week ;D

Speaking of, it’s time to select the person to pick the theme for next week. Spins the RNG wheel

Out of 7 entries, the winner is… Number 6, which is @GamedevCala! Congratulations; Can you please create a new thread with the topic for next week.

Privacy & Terms