The Blender Collab: Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 12: 2017) Spring

Since today is the first day of Spring (in the northern hemisphere at least), I’ve Chosen Spring as this weeks theme.

:seedling::bird:

I can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions! :smiley:

3 Likes

The first day of Spring is on the 20th of March!?

Normally our season transitions are just on the 1st every 3 months, but I live in Australia and we only have 2 seasons, hot and not-so-hot.

3 Likes

Yes, today’s the first day of Spring here in the USA. Of course, I can remember a childhood friend’s mother telling me my friend was born on the 20th of March, in the middle of a major blizzard, so saying it’s the first day of Spring sometimes has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Might be more accurate to say Spring or Vernal Equinox :slight_smile: Yesterday was 85 degrees where I live, today we are lucky it got to 50 degrees. I have seen it snow in late April in the US and was told by some of the older folks I know they have seen it snow as late as Mid May. Even later if you live in the mountains.

My First bit of fun with the low poly art style…i will probably add a bit to this by the end of the week i just have not had much free time lately because of a project im working on.

The people of the floating island nation of Giglamora love spring time as the snow run off from the mountains fill lake giglaboop for some spring water sports fun!

9 Likes

A field of daisies for spring :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So added some flowers and some other goodies to make it more of a spring scene…a cable car to a mountain retreat and some other little bits and pieces :slight_smile: Still not done …just for now as im out of time …i will slowly add tons to this for awhile as its just fun building your own town haha

7 Likes

Hey guys! Time to vote for the topic picker for this week :smiley:

0 voters

1 Like

Well, that’s time! The winner is @Aapef with 83% of votes. “Don’t blame me; I voted for Kodos!”

@Aapef Can you please create a new thread with your topic for this week?

@rszarka; in future, can you please use either Sketchfab or a smaller number of pictures, because I didn’t know which to pick for the final vote. If you want people to see it from every angle, you should use Sketchfab.

2 Likes

Aapef congrats on your win mate with your awesome dof flower scene :slight_smile:

Mcfuzz sorry mate you are absolutely right dunno what I was thinking! I was trying to be artistic with camera angles … Didn’t quite work lol… I get overly enthusiastic and go overboard sometimes… . Anyways sorry for the hassle and will do re sketch fab. I never did go back and work out the material thing to do with that service will give it a second whirl.

1 Like

Thank you rszarka, your turn will be soon.

Aapef im not worried if I win or not :slight_smile: here for the fun of making new things i like the challenge of making models per other peoples suggestions and trying new stuff :slight_smile: That low poly stuff is fun …its so much easier and faster than HP …where you can very quickly make things … , i found it quite fun not as taxing on the noggin as Hp modelling but cool runnings haha … … I have never messed with DOF before either…huge learning curve or reasonable to learn ? May give it a look as i really like how you blurred all the flowers around out and focused on the one flower in the middle back …looks very cool mate, i can picture a million and one good uses for that effect!

2 Likes

Congratz to All

Privacy & Terms