The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 10)

basic block model done :frowning:
didnt have time while away at work to do any more before the end of today

5 Likes

Hey now, that Go kart is pretty good! I especially like the wheels!

However, it may be best to become used to using loop cuts; something your topology would benefit greatly from, as a lot of the model is clipping itself in various places where you could be using the same piece of geometry to accomplish this. Overall, whatever ends up looking the best is what you should go for, but you should always keep topology and geometric flow in mind.

For example, with the chair, you’ve used two squares to make the base, and the back. This results in a bit of clipping, and not looking like it flows particularly well. You could, in this case, use a loop cut to make a small section at the back of the base square, extrude that up, and then slide it back a bit on the correct axis.

As an additional bit of advice; cylinders vertex count can be lower upon creation. On the left hand toolbar, you can turn this down to an appropriate count, such at 16 or even 8. 32 is overkill, but it is Blender’s default.

I don’t mean any of this to be criticism, the actual model of the go-kart is great! But by pressing 5 on Sketchfab I can expose its geometrical secrets! Watching you grow between the weekly challenges is going to be a blast, and I wholly encourage you join in as much as you can!

1 Like

But that concludes the weekly challenge. Not a whole lot of submissions this time, only 4 to pick from.

The random number generator has favoured submission number 1, which, in this case, @OboShape was the first person to post his progress, so he therefore gets the honour of selecting the next week’s topic. Congratulations!

Please create a new topic with your suggestion for what we all get to work on next week!

oo thank you, and cheers for the encouragement :slight_smile:

Ive created a new thread for week 11, so see how that goes.

Privacy & Terms