The Blender Collab: Weekly Theme Gallery (Week 29-30: 2017) Travel

Next week i’m in holidays, so what about this theme : travel.

It’s an open theme as you can see

I hope it will inspire you.

3 Likes

this could get interesting

1 Like

@Aapef my friend before you head off on your vacation could you please state the length of your contest 1 week or 2? Thanks mate…safe travels!

2 weeks, like in he title :slight_smile:

Thanks mate … now don’t I feel stupid for not catching the two week date in the title hahah. Have a great trip!

1 Like

I’m leaving on sunday, going to the Alpes, just 3h30 by car :smile:

So i have until saturday to finish my model (lots of thing to create)

2 Likes

My Creation ^^:

12 Likes

Great job.

For my file, i had to hurry and i’m not really satisfied by the result.

I choosed to travel with a horse carriage, but my horses are ridiculus :rofl:

The base mesh for the horses is from “Horse basemesh” by Gwinna (https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/47256)

Have a good week, see you after my holidays :yum:

8 Likes

Manu your globe creation is really good mate , love the creativity and imagination …also very well made …looks great… thats an awesome model!

AApef your horses do need work but very far from rediculous in fact they are pretty damned good just need some finishing touches…im sure if you were not strapped for time they would look perfect like all your other works! organics are hard as hell… well for me anyways …i like the scene! i was working on a stage coach … so will change mine now lol I didnt really want to try make the horses anyways as mine would turn out look like something from the movie alien !

The works in this thread keep getting better and better! You can literally see how everyone is improving from week to week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you rszarka.

I have to improve in organic design (i want to create a squid but it’s very very hard).

Looking good guys!

Here’s my balloon render.

But I thought it was kind of boring, so I decorated it. Then I decided to animate it a little and one thing led to another and I ended up with this:

I guess I got a little… carried away
10 Likes

Hey rszarka,

Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile: . The only Problem i got with nearly all of my models until now is the unbelievable high poly count ^^. I must work on that and improve further.
I can agree with your thoughts about the horses, i also think they are well done, and if be improved a little, they will be amazing, not ridiculus. Good job Aapef :slight_smile:

And i like the ballons of nixeKnow as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Manu …its a common problem but not really a problem if you are not using the models for games etc…using subsurf is awesome it just makes everything look better haha but yeah if you just need the models for a render why shouldnt it be HP :slight_smile: I agree Nikenoxs balloon scene is beautifully composed :slight_smile:

Here is my entry…Museum of travel and transport … i thought i will just make a quick scene of all my previous vehicle and aircraft models …but in fact it took longer to apply all the mods + join all these models into one piece so i could move them into the scene than building a whole new model lol i finally managed to max out my new computer when i tried to render all of these in one scene i got cuda out of memory errors as i also like using subsurf on most of my models … the scene wass incredibly heavy…i forgot to look at vert count but im sure it was outrageous…it wouldnt even think about rendering @ 5 samples lol :slight_smile: …i have twin 1080 cards with 16gb of gddr5x onboard vram – pascal architecture and an overclocked kaby lake i7 @ 4.7 ghz with 64b GB Ram on this machine and the scene still killed it haha I have been experimenting to find the limits of this laptop for a few weeks now… so i had to take out all the museum walls and models of people and furniture…to be honest my people models were pretty **** anyways haha i ended up doing 2 renders @ 3K samples and trying to match them together in PS as best i could.

9 Likes

Hi rszarka,

your models look amazing, well done :+1:
Yeah, at the moment do some high poly rendering with some or many models will crash most of the pc’s ^^. I´m looking forward for the technology to evolve further :smiley: . But the new denoise feature in the 2.8 Blender really helps a lot to get the samples down.

Thanks Manu …they are older models of mine…i made most of them for this weekly contest at some point or another :slight_smile: just redid some of the texturing for this as i am a bit better at it now than i was back then …

If you are having problems crashing because your models are too HP look at this video …i think i am remembering correctly that micro displacements help with that …well either way its good to know about this topic something to do with subjective sub division and micro polygon subdivisions where blender only sub divides the mesh if its needed like when the camera is closer to the mesh and detail is needed something like that …uses like 80 percent less memory …i will rewatch it now as well as i have forgotten what i learned when i watched it a few months back …but if i remember right its great stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRzzaRvVDng blenderguru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlh9rrjG29k creative shrimp

2 Likes

Hi rszarka,

Thanks for the links, they were really interesting and helpful. Learned a lot new features and things about Blender
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well nothing special from me this week…

Just a map of one of my favorite author’s settings

I wasn’t really happy with the way the map looked in the images so I decided to try an animated tour of the region as my final entry for this one.

6 Likes

Hi Guys its voting time again for your favourite render of the fortnight!

• Manu_Scheller manu
  • Aapef aapef
  • Nikenox nieknox
  • Rszarka rsz
  • Capricas_kirito capricas

0 voters

Hi! I wanted to participate! I guess I’m too late :see_no_evil: hahaha

I’ll leave it here anyways for posterity :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@rszarka Can the poll be modified to include Marilu’s submission?

Maybe we should post the deadline on every challenge so people new to it know when to submit by.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms