The Blender Collab: Week 33 "Elements" - CLOSED

Awesome

2 Likes

Wanted to mess around with textures more and it worked out pretty well, needs a bit of tweaking but fine for now.

15 Likes

Nice. I’ve been waiting for the cool avatar renditions :grin:

3 Likes

I love this, really cool idea to make Aang in the avatar state. My work has some avatar reference to it too, but it’s still in progress. I guess I should hurry up.

1 Like

After too long a wait, here is my submission.

I tried including all four elements in some indirect way. Here is how:

• All four elements on the cards (Avatar reference)
  • Fire: red girl and her soda can
  • Water: blue girl
  • Wind: those blue wavy streaks in the air and the hair that’s blown to the right
  • Earth: the background (and if you want to consider wood an element, then the table too)
13 Likes

Do I see cloth simulation with sewing? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah exactly! :grin: Had to learn it from scratch but it was super fun to mess around with. I probably spent more time on it than I should have, but oh well, at least I’m content with how it turned out.

4 Likes

This is sick!

I love everything about this and your profile picture.

1 Like

Keep working on it! This is my favorite shot of Aang!

1 Like

It’s all practice and patience until we’re professionals. :slight_smile: It does look good, better than what I’ve done with cloth so far. haha

1 Like

Watercolor. It’s an element, sure. - It’s really hard to rule.

17 Likes

The thing on the canvas looks like some sort of egg and bacon monster :joy:. Great submission and detail.

1 Like

The paw prints on the floor are such a cute detail! Also, I love the drawings on the wall. Did you do them all in texture painter?

1 Like

Thank you! Drawings are painted in Vertex Paint Mode. It is described in the Beginners course - part “Furry Heads” )

2 Likes

Here’s my submission: The Elemental Rangers

Earth, Water, Air and Fire

14 Likes

Nice composition! I am glad you are back)

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I’d finish on time, because I was gone the last few days. Anyways, it’s done! Here’s my little sad fire …metal elf, I guess? ^^ I got the idea from an amazing drawing of Maxine Vee on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiKFiwlHHJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

16 Likes

So, here’s my final:

And all 3 sides, just for fun:

As you can see, I was struggling a bit with the “sad childlike face”. Still not very happy with it. And I didn’t put any effort at all in the hands. Just didn’t have time. ^^
Please, let me know what you think about it! :smiley:

PS: Smoke in background is from Pixabay (-> great site for free to use images!)

22 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been away for a couple of weeks and I had to catch up with work, but I couldn’t miss this one :grinning:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms