TextMesh Pro propagated properties

Sup! I’ve got a question about TextMesh Pro extra settings: when I was designing the UI, I duplicated several textmesh instances for “buttons” and “labels”. On each one, I wanted different extra settigs values (glow, underlay, lightning, etc), but when I changed one in a specific textmesh instance, all the other instances changed the same value as well, as if they where “linked” (I mean, tied to the same visual settings).
Is there a way to “unlink” them? This happens because I duplicated them?

Thanks in advance
(Please excuse my english, no my natural lang)

Hi Kaleb,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

The glow effects are caused by a Text Mesh Pro material. When duplicating the objects, they share the same material. Create a new material for each effect and assign it to the respective objects. If two objects are supposed to look the same, they may share the same object.

Find that material in your Assets folder, duplicate and rename it. Then change its colour (or whatever you intended to do) and drag and drop that new material into the Inspector or your game object with the TMP component attached.

Did this help?

1 Like

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms