Text101 - Story Text double-spacing on its own

Hi guys,

Just started these courses, and I have to say, they’re pretty awesome.

I’ve run into some weird problems with the Text101 tutorial, though -

Whenever I build I consistently get all of my Story Text turning black, even though I’ve defined it to have another color in the inspector. (but, when I re-open Unity, it’s back to normal.)

Next, whenever I build/re-open, all of my Story Text is suddenly double-spaced! And then it stops fitting onscreen. If I manually correct it all, then build, it will be fine (and in the build, too!) but then reopening it gives me the dreaded double-space.

EDIT: constant double-spacing no longer happening. I think I was only using ctrl+s to save instead of using Save Project for Unity. I’m not 100%, but it seems to have stopped happening. I don’t know why it double-spaced in the first place, though…

Does anyone know why this is happening? I haven’t seen any other problems with either of these issues… (at least using a limited search with the Text101 course…)

I’m using Unity 2019.3.0f6 if that helps.

Hi Stepwise,

Please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread. Maybe there is a NullReferenceException in your game.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms