Text101 Game: Warlock expedition

I used ti belong to a group that published the rules of Warlock out of Cal Tech. It was a variation of Dungeons & Dragons, but they hated the original concept by Gary Gygax (may have mis-spelled his name there) and redid pretty much everything. I ended up maintaining the Rules documentation and was also what we called a Dungeon (or Game) Master. I played with them from when I was a senior in high school (1975) until I moved to Las Vegas in 2004. The group still gets together to play at each others homes.

I have written what we called a Bad Guy program to generate the various creatures we would encounter. It would print out what they were and I would pick from the generated list when an encounter happened. This would be a variation of that, but more interactive.

What is the theme of your game?
It is a fantasy game based on Tolkein, but using other sources as well in the fantasy and Sci-Fi realms where you have adventures and quests.

What is the image that sums up your game?

Who is the player?
A character in a party of adventurers. The player chooses which character they want to be.

What is the goal?
To defeat evil monsters, while gathering treasure and magic items for further quests/adventures, making the world safer for people to live in.

Privacy & Terms