Text101 - CYOQ - Diagram

I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. The story is all about lucid dreaming. Some parts are pretty confusing if you don’t know anything about lucid dreaming, but I tried my best to give the player a sense of what lucid dreaming is. There are 4 different endings and 4 different game over screens. The story consists of 2 paths which both have 2 game overs and 2 endings. I may make some edits to this but as for now I think I can consider it done!

EDIT: After putting some finishing touches to the game I decided to remove 2 of the endings and game overs. I didn’t like how the 2 endings ended so I removed them entirely. Since I’m making the game for fun and I want to continue on with the course, I removed the endings instead of remaking them. Here is the final diagram.

3 Likes

Congratulations for completing your Narrative Diagram! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you! I had lots of fun making it.

Really like the amount of story content that is in it! Curious about this: did you have this idea fleshed out before the assignment began?

For me, the story idea is developing each lesson, so I haven’t really added as much detail yet. Was curious as to how you got on!

1 Like

Yes, I did have this idea before the assignment begun.

One of my favourite hobbies is lucid dreaming. I’ve never had one, but I try every night to have one. The moment we had to decide our project idea I already knew I was going to do lucid dreaming.

Although the story itself I thought of as I was designing it. When I made the first paragraph, I would think “what should the player do in the next room?” and I would write down what I thought. I didn’t really have any plans for the story other than lucid dreaming strategies such as reality checks and different techniques.

Overall I’m really happy with how it turned out.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms