Text101 Adventure Game no storyText on build

When building my project, it completes, however the place where storyText should go remains blank when running the program. The console in Firefox shows these errors

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘’) is missing!
(Filename: Line: 334)

A scripted object (script unknown or not yet loaded) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 44 bytes but expected 192 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?
(Filename: Line: 2269)

Also after building, a good portion of my scriptable objects now have an error “The associated script can not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script”

Going into the Console in unity, I have a bunch of "Script attached to ‘Name of object’ in scene ‘’ is missing or no valid script is attached

When running the game within Unity, it works just fine. I am going to move on with the course, but I’m itching to know why this isn’t working. I’ve spent the last couple hours trying to find solutions or explanations to no avail.

Hi Lithrean,

Welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread and let me know what you figured out.

See also:

Hi, thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

I followed the instructions and was only able to find from it that there were Null objects where the scriptable objects were supposed to be. So it pointed me in the general direction I needed to look for sure.

With a fresh mind this morning I went back to the course and scrubbed through all the coding and unity bits and found one difference. I must have created these incorrectly because under “Script” of each object in the Inspector, it was set to None (Mono Script) instead of State.

I looked up how to change this, and it was by going into the debug menu by clicking the triple dot beside the padlock in inspector and selecting debug. Then I was able to go into each of my objects and set the script to State instead of None. This resolved the issue for me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms