Text 101 - Man Down

Main Idea:
You are an international spy scouting out enemy territory when your plane gets shot down over the desert. Emerging from the crash, you spot an uncharted base nearby with a helipad and multiple cars.

The Objective is to escape the desert, and maybe leave with more information on the base.

One image that could be used to sum up the game theme:

This image is taken from the internet

3 Likes

I love this idea!

This is the final game flow chart for the game (or at least the first version). I wanted to add more but decided to hold back a little and save some story telling for a future version once I learn more.

1 Like

Here is the link to Man Down, a text adventure game! I would love to hear any feedback you have!

Hey!
I played the game, i enjoyed it a lot, things you could improve for future games like this is more visual input, instead of just showing choices, you could show which position you are in, so it is more like a movie where you choose what happens, if there is for example an option for which direction to go in the ventilation system, show an image of it, with light flickering from one vent ahead, a cold breeze on the right, and actual people talking that you hear from the left. This would be awesome. Also, the writing is okay, could use some improvements, also, a game like this can never have too many choices or endings, i know it takes a super long time to do this but it would be amazing, i enjoyed the setting as well, you are a kind of agent, moving in on an enemy base, you could prob do this idea but with all kinds of settings, like a post apocalyptic setting, or police setting, where you are a policeman/detective

Anyways, fun game! I would appreciate if you checked out my itch.io page, im new to gamedev and would love some feedback! (https://itch.io/dashboard)

/ Pythei

Thank you so much for the feedback! This is my first game and I appreciate and like all the comments and suggestions you made. I will definitely be making more games in the future, and once I learn more on how to code, I will keep in mind your suggestions to implement them. Since this was my first game (and I was following a course), I didn’t want to go too crazy just yet. I thought this could be more like a demo of what’s to come. Anyways, thanks again and I will remember your suggestions for future work. By the way, I will definitely check out your page as well!

This is both inspiring and intimidating… i simply felt that i wrestled with a chart 1/4 size of this. Wow!

Privacy & Terms