Terminal_hax0r v1.12.177 Open Beta Early Access

Thanks for checking it out, I appreciate any feedback you could give and enjoy the game!

1 Like

Hey man! I really like the formatting/details you added. Made me feel like a legit hacker. :wink:

I guess my only comment would be that I wished for some final reward for finishing the game. I just finished the tutorial myself, so I know that’s not how it’s designed. But because you added the extra details, I suppose it felt like I was building to something.

How did you get all the system info to stay at the top from screen to screen? Just Terminal.ClearScreen and reprint it every time? Or something else?

Hey mate!

Thank you! Yeah I agree, the game isn’t quite finished yet, to be honest I was just quite eager to move on with the tutorial, but I do plan to come back and add a bit of polish later on.

As for the system info I made a header string and called to it every time I used Terminal.ClearScreen.

const string header = (@“MacroHard Doors version 10.0.1857.7761988 MacroHard Corporation
c:/Users/hax0r>”);

void AskForPassword()
{
    currentScreen = Screen.Password;
    Terminal.ClearScreen();
    SetRandomPassword();
    Terminal.WriteLine(header);
    Terminal.WriteLine("Error 0x800710c"+ count +": ACCESS DENIED");
    ErrorCount();
    Terminal.WriteLine("PASSWORD REQUIRED");
    Terminal.WriteLine("//the password is encrypted");
    Terminal.WriteLine("//to gain access");
    Terminal.WriteLine("//rearrange the letters--> " + password.Anagram());
    Terminal.WriteLine(menuHint);

Hope that helps!

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Totally understand. I felt the same–didn’t want to dwell too long on the Terminal Hacker. But I do love that old-school text-based input, and would love to go back at some point and make a text adventure game out of it. Would love to see yours whenever you get to it.

Privacy & Terms