Terminal Hacker (I think I broke it)

So I am not sure what happened. My code was working fine (second picture) from the last lesson.

I started this lesson and after some code I got the error listed below. I went back and deleted the additional code and went back to working version I had before. Except now that when I run the game the terminal has gone completely blank.

I’ve gone over the code again and again and i’m just not seeing the error, which I would like to solve to move forward.

I’ve even update both VS and Unity and still get the same error. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

I don’t what changed (i’ve never touched Terminal.cs ever) but I recopied and pasted it from the site and that seems to have worked. I just don’t know why or what changed…
Personally i’d like to see exactly what was wrong and not rely on magic but it was a very frustrating hour+.

So the problem is resolved I just don’t know why…

I think you should compare the code of both the working and non working code side by side to see where things went wrong. You can use a light IDE like atom along side VS to view things. Then you will understand the reason the problem accord.

1 Like

Thanks Lloyd. I appreciate it.
I’m going to hold off on that for a little bit since I was specifically instructed to not look at this code yet or touch it hahaha. A lot of it is over my head right now, but I have the two saved for comparison later.
Thanks for the atom recommend.

1 Like

you are welcome and glad i could help .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms