Terminal Hacker: DOS prompt, extended edition

Here is my take on the Terminal Hacker game. Been doing courses off and on in both the 2D and 3D, figured I would finally post something. I got a bit carried away on this one. Was a nice simple idea to expand on. :slight_smile:

https://www.sharemygame.com/share/8aca88dc-ab38-44cb-9ce4-55c4a27b1be8

After doing some playtesting with my daughters, discovered they had a lot of fun with it, but weren’t totally satisfied once they actually hacked in to a location. (“I want to do more!” is what was said). So decided to add a bit more reward for the player, and give them some stuff to play with once a password is successfully hacked.

I also wanted the theme to feel very much old school dos prompt style. Leaving the opening menu to be a little more cryptic, with just a boot up screen. There are other terminal commands to mess with before running the ‘hack.exe’. :smiley:

Have fun! Feedback very much welcome.

(On a side note, I’ve learned so much from doing these courses. There is always something practical I can take away to use in my own projects. It’s been such an enjoyable learning experience).

2 Likes

Really cool. Love the concept! Made me laugh a few times.

1 Like

Your humorous additions are great and kept me coming back. I like the added menus and options. It’s a great reward for the player to feel like they can go into the system and cause a little bit of mischief.

1 Like

Haha! Thanks! I appreciate it!

Privacy & Terms