Team project rebirth

:thinking:

For me it matters :sweat_smile:. My underling reasoning is that at least part of the team must be really motivated by the subject matter to inspire others. TBH, thatā€™s part of my ā€œofflineā€ experience - and it might be just a random thing that I was part of. And Iā€™m not stubborn enough and have no experience with 100% online projectsā€¦ so Iā€™m willing to not push for very defined themeā€¦ for now :grin:

It seems that you both saying the same thing - to start small and maybe expand down the roadā€¦ Itā€™s not a bad idea, as I have never even work on one Blender file with anyone in the pastā€¦

I can act as a ā€œproject managerā€ :sweat_smile: for a while for it. Seems that I cannot escape it (been PMing for at least last 15 years). Though, Iā€™m willing to relinquish the role if someone will want to step in.

Letā€™s wait a bit more for other voicesā€¦

2 Likes

Just throwing in an idea that came to me if we try a single scene made by many people, how about a Victorian era shop? Variety to choose from. Lots of items lots of textures, old world but plenty of references about.

2 Likes

Just saw this thread and I wanted to add my notes as a participant of the ā€œWestern Motelā€ project.

It was a lot of fun and Iā€™m really glad we did it. Though the project did have its limitations (not being able to accurately replicate the perspective in 3D, for one), I thought it had a lot of value as a learning experience. I would totally to another one of I had time, which I donā€™t at the moment, unfortunately.

My suggestion to @bOBaN or anyone else looking to do this again is just pick a project and run with it. Make a thread that says ā€œI want to make X project. Whoā€™s in?ā€ and link it in the collab threads. Some of these awesome folks will be interested (as you can already see) and even a fewā€“even two!ā€“people working together on a project is a worthwhile learning experience! Doesnā€™t have to be big or complicated. Just pick something and see it through.

Hopefully Iā€™ll get my schedule sorted out before too long and Iā€™ll be able to join you guys. Cheers and good luck!

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms