Taking a c++ course helps

It helps a lot to take a course to study c++ before getting started with the unreal engine cpp course. The folks here in game dev are doing a great job explaining the details and leading us through this step by step, but for a complete beginner, I would like to share my experience in this, I took a c++ course after I started with the unreal course and it helped me a lot. Now I have a faster and better understanding of the unreal course after I came back to it.

1 Like

That’s what I am thinking on doing. I have stopped at toon tanks, and I really feel like I need an extra course to begin to program C++ solo.

2 Likes

Check the last section before giving up on the course. The ToonTanks is (IMO) not the best ones and lot’s of people struggle with it. Sam is back in next section and he explains things better (and there is no natural progression from ToonTanks to SimpleShooter so you will not miss out a lot or struggle to catch up).

3 Likes

I am finishing the Blueprint course (only 4 videos left) and then I will return to the C++ one (if blender, or any other course doesn’t divert my attention :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Which one would you recommend? Thanks for the tip !

1 Like

I am taking this one.
40 hours, very detailed, and a really good instructor, also the last few sections are actually advanced topics

https://www.udemy.com/share/101Wd4CUcddl9TR3Q=/

1 Like