Synth Escape (My take on Project Boost)

Make your way to the core of a distant planet where your freedom awaits!

Music source: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/audio/music/electronic/synthwave-singletrack-breakdown-fx-174506

Controls

Space = boost
A = rotate left
D = rotate right

Goal

Make it to the landing pad without hitting anything to proceed to the next level.

2 Likes

Very exciting. Love how a new track plays for each scene! I feel like the thrust could be turned up a tad bit more, however the game feels great and I like how each level has been designed to be progressively tougher in respect. You may think about limiting the view of the camera to a narrower focus on the player to add a moment of mystery. As it is you can almost see the whole level right off the bat, and instead of giving an “exploration” feel it gives more of a “maze” type feel to it in my opinion. These are of course just suggestions and needless to say the game is awesome!

1 Like

Thank you very much, I’m glad you enjoyed it! The thrust was something I was toying around with for a bit and I’ll tweak it some more to see how it feels with it being a smidge stronger. I’m really interested though in narrowing the view. I was worried trying that might make the game harder than it needs to be (as the player would not be able to plan their thrusts as well), but I do like the sound of adding more mystery. Thank you so much for the feedback!

Edit: Oh and in regards to the music, I’ve always just been a really big fan of games where the music progresses along with the game and slowly shifts to becoming more and more epic the closer you get to important climactic points, so that’s something I want to implement in the games I create.

1 Like

I’m glad to see that you are open to feedback. That is a very important part of game design as I have been learning as well. If you would like to try my version to see my point on narrowing the camera view as well to give any feedback on what you think that would be really appreciated! I will provide the link below:

https://community.gamedev.tv/t/my-version-of-project-boost

Privacy & Terms