Switching to another computer

Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of the Bull Cow game. I have bought a new laptop and I want to continue the Bull Cow process on the new one. Finishing Bull Cow on the old computer is an option but since it’s extremely slow, I really want to continue on the new one. The only way I would continue and finish Bull Cow on the old computer is if transferring the files from one computer to another is not worth the hassle.

Sooooo, my question is are there any tricks to do so? Or should I just copy and paste everything from the old one to the new one? Is there anything I need to be careful about?

Everytime I transfer a project, I typically ignore the following folders:

• .vs
  • .vscode
  • Binaries
  • Config
  • DerivedDataCache
  • Intermediate
  • Saved
    Those can be re-generated on the new machine. You may need to rebuild or generate a new visual studio files however. Maybe an instructor/assistant can confirm this more.

In Unreal, File > Package Project > Zip Up Project. It zips up all needed files and excludes ones that aren’t needed (like Intermediate, Binaries, etc.)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms