Suggestion for Simple Shooter

Hey there!

First of all I wanted to say that I am really enjoying the new content! I started this course years ago and took time off to actually go back to school and learn programming! Since returning I finished the Battle Tank section which I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get through.

I am now following along on the Simple Shooter section, and Sam has been fantastic! The course is a bit quick, but so far a great overview since a lot of the stuff was previously covered anyways. I have one small issue though. I am currently on lecture 192 and there’s one thing that has been bugging me. When we implement a new thing, such as the “SetFocus” method, I would like to see Sam go through obvious issues with this method and reassure us if there is a fix (I currently don’t know if this will be fixed in a future lecture). For example, when the enemy player dies, the corpse moves around and continues to follow the player. Of course I’m sure many of us can figure out how to solve this, but obvious issues like that should be highlighted as we go through so we know they will be fixed, or we need to fix it at some point. Otherwise I feel like many people will start saying “uhh, should my guy be doing this?”

That said, the course has been high quality as always, so thank you!

ps. I just realized that one of the biggest burning questions I have right now is whether or not we will fix aiming so if my camera is not far away enough from my player I can’t shoot myself lol. Not a problem if it’s added at the end as a challenge, but I keep avoiding looking up a fix since I feel like it might be covered anyways :grin:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms