Success in getting a job

Who here has only learned coding and game development from these course and got themselves a job?

1 Like

An very interesting question!

1 Like

Hey, I started out here.
I first got a job as a QA tester and got my first contract as a Programmer recently. I will write a seperate post about how I got there and the industry itself.

2 Likes

I would love to read that! Let me know where I can read your post!

I would love to read that too.

I did a few course on Lynda.com back in the day when they were the main guys in online training courses and ended getting my first job as a web developer for one of the biggest GPU companies in the world as their in-house developer. I was there for six and a bit years before being made redundant back in March this year.

I have been using Udemy for the last few years and more recently got into games design and development and 3D graphics. I am working towards my first job in the industry so I too would love to read how you did and which courses you did.

I am happy to share how I got into the web developer industry via similar methods and self teaching but I’m new here and it looks like people are interesting in topics relating to games dev not web dev.

I was wondering if age was a factor in getting hired? I was thinking of adding the mention “I’ve been gaming for over 30 years” to my cover letter. But I’ve only just became a Level Designer and would like to sound young and dynamic (because I am) :wink:

1 Like

I know this isn’t exactly the story you’re looking for, but I did learn to code here. I loved it so much that I went to school for it. I actually used the skills learned in this course to build the portfolio that landed me a job in… web development.

While I can’t say Gamedev.tv and Gamedev.tv alone got me a job in games, I will say that you guys were hugely influential in me getting out of wage slavery and into professional development.

1 Like

See my post!

1 Like

No, age was not a factor for me. I am > 40. See my post:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms