Subdividing and Ramp challenge

For the subdivision challenge, I probably subdivided too much, so I will delete the unnecessary edges before the final challenge of this section.

For the ramp challenge, I cheated a bit… Initially, I selected the edges and deleted them, but when I saw the holes that were left on the sides, I thought to myself: “This doesn’t seem right…”. And I then watched the whole video to see if there was a better solution and then I tried to mimic it. Hope, it’s ok for me to do that.

4 Likes

Absolutely fine to watch ahead, better in some ways. No point going too far in a wrong or harder way.

2 Likes

It depends … basically you want to strive for quad faces. A face with only for vertices. Which makes modeling details more flexible. This also means more edges and subdivisions.

I would say, it okay what you’ve produced here. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

You’re right. But, sometimes, I think to myself if what I’m doing is it the right way or not. Probably, because I have a lot of self-doubt and combining that with self-studying, I think too much on if I’m doing right or wrong.

Thank you for your comment.

Thank you for your comment. I was worried that I subdivided too much, but I’m glad to read that.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms