Subdivide works incorectly

Here is a problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=851HPiQ0RaU&feature=youtu.be

Whenever I try to use Subdivide in Blender it works randomly. Tryed on different machines, result is same. Randomly subdived some of Edges, some not.

Please tell me what I do wrong?

Thank you.

Very strange indeed.

Very rare I encounter strange behaviors like you do. I restart the project with a fresh setup.

• Did you install some plugins ?
  • Do you use the latest STABLE version?

I think it is working as it is supposed to. But not as you expect.

If the whole cube is kept selected it will subdivide all faces, well edges really. That’s the issue.

If you select one Face and subdivide that, the faces next to it then have one edge that has more verts than the others. So it subdivides every edge, ALL edges get doubled up verts, it can’t know or decide how to allocate those verts to new faces, so does not. BUT the new verts are all there, it has subdivided the edges! Change to vert mode, they are all there!

NP5 just beat me to it! Completely expected behaviour- it is just that you see the shape differently to Blender :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply NP5, and Michael Bridges. That was helpfull, still not understand the whole thing but the fact that it should work as it works make me happy :slight_smile: I think I will understand why it happens so a bit latter.

Very welcome, the quickness was pure luck of my, and Micheal Bridges, looking in on the site timing. Be aware it can be lots longer, but usually, someone will try to help answer things.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms