Student maintained lecture notes?

So going through the Q&A on Udemy, one thing is lacking. Students often share useful tips about a particular lecture. The Q&A isn’t an ideal place as it’s not a question. Here is fine, but how about if you want to quickly read all student notes for a particular lecture?

How about if we have a wiki post for each lecture, which you as students can keep up to date with the latest and most useful tips? @Rob what do you think?

3 Likes

The Q&A definitely has a different use. The old Discussions were easier to skim through. Having something like that again (single page viewing) would be awesome.

I always thought it would be cool to go through a section and compile an FAQ/unique problems for each one.

Theoretically, the wiki page for a particular lecture would contain just that (and then some). Is that what you’re going for?

I think that would also be a great place to keep important info from the lecture slides as well. Maybe those could be a starting point for each wiki page?

1 Like

Some great ideas here, so I’m thinking one post per section called student section notes and then one post per Udemy lecture in the subcategories called student lecture notes. Each of these would be a wiki so that the top post content can be kept up-to-date. Possibly even disabling comments, so that it is clear that you should edit the post.

What do you think?

I like the idea. Haven’t used the wiki functionality yet to know how it is different or stands out as such. I like the idea of turning off the comments though as I think the wiki post will end up looking like a discussion. You could potentionally link in some video snippets in the wiki for specific things too.

Let’s stress test it here on this imaginary thread: Lecture XX - Student Lecture Notes

I think this is happening naturally in some posts, we could make more of the wiki feature but I think the forum is simple to use right now and they’ll never agree on notes so gracefully decline this unless it comes up again

Privacy & Terms