Striking down unstable pins

“Unstable” not in the sense that they’re wobbling (and I didn’t even use the trick to let animation control the pins until physics take over) … But, when another pin is just rolling over the ground slowly, I feel like real pins would’t fall over anymore because of that :sweat_smile:

Other than that, I didn’t really make an effort yet to turn this into a final, proper scene with gutters and all of that (which I feel is more necessary for an animation; for a still image I’m fine with an artistic backdrop) … I didn’t even put the backdrop in a good place :see_no_evil: Still, I wanted to try and share an animation (just to go through the process of uploading something to YouTube as well)

5 Likes

Great job! How come you didn’t feel like it? Just wanted to move onto the next section?

I was a little on the fence. On the one hand I wanted to turn this into a proper bowling scene, textured and all (because I know I should already have those skills) … On the other hand, I’m indeed eager to get started on the chess set (so far, it’s not fundamentally new as I’ve already followed the course up to halfway the animated lamp a long time ago on Udemy, in an older version of Blender).

I also may be doing a little too much, as I’m also doing both a Unity series and a drawing course here on gamedev.tv and all of that while actually not having that much spare time :sweat_smile: Still, I do believe that, from time to time, I should indeed just stop and spend some more time just “having fun” (or, at the end of the course, I could revisit all final projects and have some more fun at that point in time, not sure yet :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Seems fine to me round pins will roll. Good job.

1 Like

Yes, definitely fine that the pins will roll :sweat_smile: What seems a little unnatural, is just that one pin that is rolling ever so slowly, and even the slightest bump still makes another pin fall over as well while I would expect that pins need a little more force applied to them before falling over :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms