Stay with "Complete C# Unity Developer" or go to the new one?

About a week ago I bought and started the first C# course and I really am enjoying it, but I just found out they have a newer one for the 2017 version. Should I continue with this course or go to the new one?
I am fine with doing either I am just seeking input on this.
Thank you all.

The original course was produced in 2015 and the team has refined its teaching style significantly during the last few years. Unity have also updated their product numerous times over this period and, if you use a recent version of Unity you will need to be prepared to make a few changes along the way, nothing serious and nothing which hasn’t already either been asked on the Q&A or here. Additionally, there is a document under Resources on Udemy in lecture 8 which provides details of the required changes. There are a lot of good/fun games in the original course.

The new course does have a very good approach with regards to teaching style and equally has a nice set of games to develop which you can add your own unique features to and of course it is being designed for what is/was the latest version of Unity (2017).

One thing you could consider is perhaps trying both. Have a work through the first course, maybe initially aim to go as far as Laser Defender, then give the second course a go and work through to perhaps Argon Assault.
See if you have a preference for the style of teaching, any differences/benefits, or whether you just prefer a specific set of games. There’s not really any reason to not do both, whilst you will repeat some of the technical content, you will create a broad range of games which will be fun and the more you do, the more experience you will gain.

The team and Udemy frequently run promotions, so you can pick up cost-effective deals quite regularly.

Incidentally, if you want to have a bit of a look at which topics are covered, you can visit GitHub and look at the ReadMe.md files for each section of the course(s).

I hope the above is of use.

See also;

Thank you!
This has helped. I am going to finish the first one and go on to 2.0 when I am done.

1 Like

We will look forward to seeing your versions of the course games :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms