Starting over in West Texas

Hey everybody. I’m Nicholas. I’ve been taking this course (very slowly) for a while, and am starting over to absorb all the new info.

I’m the office/web manager at our local No-Kill animal shelter, and I am actually using Unity to create educational games about responsible pet ownership. (It is idiotically exciting to design/code and get paid for it) In my free time, I write fantasy, make stained glass, and participate in community theatre.

I always dreamed of making video games, but never did go to school for it, so this course (and the others in the series) are pretty literally a dream come true for me. I don’t have massive aspirations; I’d just like to make fun games. I think it would be great some day to work with a casual dev team.

I’d say my style leans left-of-center with a slightly irreverent bend, dry and sarcastic sense of humor, and a socially-conscious LGBTQ flair.

1 Like

Hi Nicholas, welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

Very much looking forward to seeing the games you create. On a related note, picking up on your mention of stained glass, you might also enjoy the Blender course for creating 3D models, I can envisage your artist/creative side really coming to life there too. Have fun! :slight_smile:

Hey Rob!

Thanks for the heads-up about the Blender course! I’m actually already signed up on that one too. I’ve been using Blender for a while, but I’d really like to get some great chops!

1 Like

You’re very welcome and that’s great, you’ll have a head start on it! :slight_smile:

On a related note, you can share your work on the forum easily for Blender using Sketchfab, not sure if you’ve used it before or not, but you’ll get a unique URL for each model you upload there, which, when pasted in to the forum embeds their 3D model viewer so it makes it really nice for other students to see and interact with your work :slight_smile:

See also;

I have not used SketchFab yet! I’m eager to try it out! Thanks a billion!

1 Like

More than welcome Nicholas, I will look forward to seeing what you share :slight_smile:

Welcome Nicholas,

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one starting from the beginning again. I think your aspiration of working with a team to create some fun games is a great one. More people should take action to do what is fun. Good for you and I wish you all the best. Looking forward to seeing your work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heya JennBren,

Thanks for the wishes! I’m just having a load of fun with coding and designing, and who knows what the future holds, right?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms