Sound issue with web build

Is anybody else having trouble with sound. When I switch platforms to webGL, Unity no longer accepts any audio clips I use. I have converted all my audio clips to “.ogg”. Whenever I try to add a new audio clip to the game, I get the following error:

Errors during import of AudioClip Assets/Audio/8-bit_success(HenryRichard @ freesound.com) (online-audio-converter.com) 1.ogg:
FSBTool ERROR: An operating system based file error was encountered.

I would appreciate any info or advice.

1 Like

Hi,

That’s a good question. Does this only happen when you switch the platform? If so, try to rename the sound files. Maybe the parentheses in the filename are causing issues, maybe also the @.

Hello,
So I tried it out. Nothing changed. I tried renaming the file right in Unity and I got the same error. Is there specific formats you need for web builds?

Is there specific formats you need for web builds?

Not that I’m aware of but “special” characters often cause problems when building projects. For this reason, only use A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dot and dash to be on the safe side.

Also make sure that you do not use managed folders such as Desktop for your projects and software. Both must be located on your harddrive, not in a cloud system, not on an USB stick. And do you use an antivirus program or a firewall that might be blocking Unity?

Last but not least, try to play your converted audio clip in another software like VLC player or whatever you prefer. Maybe the clip is simply broken.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms