Using the save/load system to load into a different scene

Hey, this is particularly a question for Sam regarding the future of the save/load system. Will we be going to implement saving in one scene, moving into another scene, and then loading which will take us back to the other scene, something more typical of a save/load system in video games?

*edit: actually I ended up figuring it out (: what I ended up doing was that whenever you transitioned between portals it will save/load into a sort of “auto-save” binary file to store all of the changes from one’s current save file. Then when you manually save/load via inputs then it will actually save/load into the main “save.sav” file thus applying these auto save changes into the main one. In terms of loading into a different scene, I would serialize the scene name whenever I would manually save and load back in a particular scene and then whenever I start the game or reload it, it will transition back into the saved scene index if its different from the one I start the game with.

Great job figuring it out.

For future reference if you could post solutions as a reply and then click the thre dots at the bottom of the post and mark it as the solution i would be grateful.
This helps us as it removes it from our search list here at the forums looking for unanswered questions :slight_smile:
Once again great job!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms