[solved] New line of code

i am quite familiar with c programming , and thought about trying the new line command “\n” that we so frequently use in c programming. but apparently console of unity isnt being being able to print more than 2 lines .
like if i say
print ("up arrow for higher \n down arrow for lower \n return/enter for equals");
it cant print anything after the second \n
same for
print ("up arrow for higher \t down arrow for lower \n\n return/enter for equals");
doesnt print anything after the second \n.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, the console displays 2 lines only at the top, however, if you select one of the lines you have output, you will see the full message in the bottom half of the console;

1 Like

@Rob thanks a lot !!

1 Like

No problem. I think there may be a plugin you can get which may help, but if you get used to using the bottom pane it isn’t really necessary (in my opinion anyway). :slight_smile:

yeah, it really isn’t i think - i was worried thinking the code didn’t take my new line command after the second new line. if its just the case with how much it shows, i guess its fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s one of those things which is quite annoying, as it’s something you could potentially spend ages on, yet it was actually ok all along… I hate those things! :smiley:

1 Like

yeah, i know right! :laughing:

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, honestly. After you get past this
project, the others only use the console for debugging msgs and such, and
not for actual gameplay.

Privacy & Terms