Head miles ahead of Master

Hey everyone. Whilst learning git, I was also following the 3D Unity course for ‘Project Boost’ combining the two. Whilst it gave me the freedom to make changes and experiment with the project, somewhere along the way, I noticed that the ‘master’ path was being left behind, and that a detached ‘Head’ was front and center for every commit I was making.

I am at the stage where I want to push my project onto github, but I am a little reluctant to just click and try different options in the SourceTree window to reconcile the master, incase I end up setting my project back by a couple of days of work.

Can anyone tell me the steps I need to take to make my project ready for the push?

Thank you

Hi,

First of all, make a backup of your entire project folder by duplicating it. Save it somewhere else on your harddisk or on an external harddrive.

Then click on Terminal in the top right menu of SourceTree and follow this instruction:

This answer might also be interesting for learning more about HEAD:

2 Likes

Thanks Nina. I followed the instructions from stackoverflow and it seems to have worked. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms