[Solved] Enemy ships are destroying each other

Can someone point me to the part of the lesson where we made it so the enemy ships would be destroyed by their comrade’s projectiles, or tell me what I need to fix in my code?

1 Like

You can put them into distinct layers, and change the 2d physics collision rules under settings. Just uncheck the enemy projectile layer vs enemy layer collision

2 Likes

Oh that sounds like a really good idea. Even simpler than I as trying to do it which is nice.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m glad I could be of any help, let us know if this don’t work so we can find another solution.

1 Like

Today I sat back down to keep moving on my lessons (long day at work yesterday so I had to sit it out) and wouldn’t you know, the title of the lesson is “Controlling Collisions Using Layers”!

Looks like you steered me down the right path and even got me a little ahead of the game!

1 Like

Good :slight_smile: I sincerely didn’t remembered that this lesson was just around the corner xD Sorry for getting you ahead it

Hey, like the instructors say, its good to dig through the docs and collaborate to learn something yourself. And I collaborated and learned. Thanks.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms