Observed: When I copy the Canvas (including buttons) by following the steps outlined at timestamp 6:40 into the Game scene, the buttons themselves are no longer responsive. They do not react to highlight or onpress.
Expected: The buttons from within the copied elements should react to highlight and onpress, just as they do in the Start scene.
Steps to Reproduce: Followed steps outlined at timestamp 6:40.
- Copied the Canvas (including buttons)
- Opened Game scene
- Pasted Canvas
- Played scene
- Buttons were not interactable
Steps I’ve tried:
- I’ve attempted this with the Lose and Win scenes, the buttons are still not interactable.
- I created a new Text UI with Button component within the Canvas in the Game scene, and it was not interactable. I copied and pasted this new Text Button back into the Start scene, and it then started working again.
- I restarted Unity and the behavior did not change.
Solved: Never mind, forgot to also copy over EventSystem