Software to accompany the course

Hi there! Just wanted to share that I’ve been enjoying a lot the classes :slight_smile: I’m finishing my PhD in chemistry but always had an interest for games. I would like to know which kind of software should I have installed to make the most of the course (does it make sense to have already C++ or Matlab for mathematical calculations) or is there something else I should start with?

Have a great weekend!

gui

Hi Gui, wecome to the course!

We don’t dive into specific code implementations during the course, since every game engine does things slightly differently.

Instead, we aim to give developers the knowledge to tackle common math-related problems on their own and also give them a better sense for what their engine is doing for them behind the scenes.

If you’re already comfortable with a game engine or programming language, then I’d definitely recommend taking the concepts we cover and coding up solutions to the various challenges from the lectures (you’ll see many coded challenge solutions from other students on the forum).

However, there’s no requirement to know any code at all to complete the course. So don’t feel pressured into choosing a specific game engine just to follow along.

You could just open you the developer console on your browser and try it out using Javascript. That’s what I do when I feel too lazy to open up Visual Studio (not VS Code mind you)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms