Soccanoid - My Block Breaker Game

Hi Everyone, hope you’re all having a nice day!

Here is the link to my version of the Block Breaker game, nicknamed Soccanoid :

Soccanoid on ShareMyGame

Be vary! The ball is getting a little faster each time it hits any of the blocks! Of course the speed is reset if you lose a life, or complete a stage.

I spent a lot of my free time to improve my game, here are some of the extras I came up with in the end:

1) A Life and Points system: You start with 3 lives, but can gain extra lives for each 2500 points you have gathered. You will carry over your life count into the next levels, so be careful!

Yellow block: 20 points

Blue block: 40 points

Purple block: 60 points

2) A fade-out/fade-in effect when switching scenes.

3) A soundtrack and a few extra sound effects.

4) A victory screen , to feel some kind of achievement upon completion of the game.

5) A constantly rolling ball , which I think adds a lot to the visuals.

I would be super glad if you gave Soccanoid a try! :slight_smile: Any feedback from you would be much appreciated!

Also an important question in the end:

Can I have copyright issues with a free game? I mean with the music and pictures I have added from the internet.

1 Like

Nicely done! I liked especially how you built a game around a theme which is obviously important to you. Your level design is very good and appealing even for non football fans (well…). I would make the game go a nodge faster though. Other than that, great going!

1 Like

Thank you Patricia for trying my game and taking the time to give a feedback as well!
I’m really glad you enjoyed the experience! :slight_smile:
Have you played through to the end? The first two levels are deliberately a bit easier so players can get used to the physics. But I think it gets harder starting from the 3rd level.
If you still didn’t find the difficulty challenging enough, I will consider upping the tempo for sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome:)
I made it a couple of times up to lvl 3 and one time to the end. I do miss the speed, but hey, that is just me:)

1 Like

Wow, you must have really quick reactions then - either that, or my friends need to git gud… :smiley:
Anyway I did change the starting tempo a bit, so I hope even skilled players like you can find a challenge from now on :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe it would be a good idea to introduce difficulty levels in the future.
Thank you once again, and have a nice day Patricia! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there is one topic that interests me, it is games. They are not just fun. They teach us a lot about how people are. And about ourselves. At first sight, computer games look like the opposite of serious games, which don’t pretend to be educational. But computer games, like serious games, show people interacting in the real world. I started to like mange gratis spil because it helps me relax during my lunchtime. I have one hour to eat, and half of this time, I relax my mind by playing this game.