Hi Everyone, hope you’re all having a nice day!
Here is the link to my version of the Block Breaker game, nicknamed Soccanoid :
Be vary! The ball is getting a little faster each time it hits any of the blocks! Of course the speed is reset if you lose a life, or complete a stage.
I spent a lot of my free time to improve my game, here are some of the extras I came up with in the end:
1) A Life and Points system: You start with 3 lives, but can gain extra lives for each 2500 points you have gathered. You will carry over your life count into the next levels, so be careful!
Yellow block: 20 points
Blue block: 40 points
Purple block: 60 points
2) A fade-out/fade-in effect when switching scenes.
3) A soundtrack and a few extra sound effects.
4) A victory screen , to feel some kind of achievement upon completion of the game.
5) A constantly rolling ball , which I think adds a lot to the visuals.
I would be super glad if you gave Soccanoid a try! Any feedback from you would be much appreciated!
Also an important question in the end:
Can I have copyright issues with a free game? I mean with the music and pictures I have added from the internet.