Simple Question regarding a shortcut!

In one of the lessons (#35 basic input binding) we are taught that pressing command shift and space makes a little menu with information on the thing that you have typed (I have a Mac). For some reason, when I press those three buttons, nothing pops up, nothing happens. I am not too sure what to do, or what those things are called so I can search for it.

Hi KillerTeddy,

In which course are you? And what little menu do you mean? IntelliSense in Visual Studio (Code)?

Thank you for responding. I am taking c# game dev in unity 3D. The video was #35 at 5:24. It was not intellisense, but usually when intellisense pops up it doesn’t give me the best suggestions either. For example I could write “forward” but it would never pop up, I would have to write the whole thing out. Anyways, I think that’s another problem. I am talking about the menu that gives us details about things that you could write in (for example) a method.

Unless I misunderstood your question, you are referring to IntelliSense. See here.

If you do not get any suggestions from the Unity framework, check if Visual Studio is selected as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools). If you use Visual Studio Code, please follow this instruction.

1 Like

Hello again, yes actually! You were right, 100% and your suggestion for the framework was spot on. Thanks a lot.

I’m glad I could help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms