Short Film I help make! Used what I learned frim this Blender course!

Check out this short film I help make with my friends for this short film competition! I used After Effects for the 2D FX and Blender for the 3D elements!! Let me know what you guys think!

12 Likes

Dude that’s awesome! Can you tell us more details about your role in this?

2 Likes

Great story; start introduction, middle story and end sequence. Good script.
Nice camera cuts. Love the graph style for the video game. Fun and believable acting. unexpected ending.

1 Like

This was a pleasure to watch and quite funny. Great work!

1 Like

Thank you @Tyger2 I’m glad you asked! So for this short I designed the Pizza Panic logo, as well as the Youtube thumbnail (my major in college was graphic design so it was great to use some of those skills I learned). I also know quite a bit of After Effects and Adobe Illustrator which I used to create the 2-D gameplay animations of the hero fighting the chef boss. Lastly I used what I learned from the Udemy Blender course to model, add texture, and animate the flying pizza blades and 3D weapon box! It took us 3 days to shoot and I was there to be an extra pair of hands too. Here’s a BTS video showing more of what went into the film!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @FedPete! Wouldn’t have turned out so great without what I’ve learned from this awesome Blender course!

1 Like

Thank you so much @CAlexander! Glad you enjoyed it :+1:

Great film, it reminded me of how I got started making my short films and how I saved money on my camera. If you decide to shoot a movie with a mirrorless camera, then don’t waste your time on the cheapest models, because they are a terrible decision. You can look at up to mirrorless cameras under 1000 review before buying your gear. In any case, the whole thing drags on for many years to come.

1 Like

Hey man, that’s awesome!
It’s always great to see the skills we learn here working out in the wild. Kudos!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms