Sheep Farm has a Bird Problem

Hello!

For this lecture, I’ve decided that my farm scene has a bird problem.

The birds have been carefully placed so they are in the path of the player. The things they are placed onto are not friendly, so the player must take care in kicking them. When birds are knocked down, something fun will happen, like a birdsplosion, and/or perhaps the player gets a feather which can be exchanged after the level ends, perhaps for an adjustment to thrusting controls. or a feathery hat!

This gives the player incentive to carefully fly around to knock the birds down and gives me less worry about restricting the player to a path to get from A to B.

Another idea I want to implement (but do not know how yet) is to allow the player model to change throughout gameplay. I’ve mentioned that “WOOL” is the form of fuel in this game. Players can obtain wool from contact with poofy sheep or other wooly sources to increase their fuel stock (as they lose wool while flying). Here’s what I want:

Normal sheep model when wool capacity is between 0 and 70%/X%. (Left)

Collecting more than 70%/X% fuel will change the model to the poofy sheep (Right), which has a larger box collider, making it more difficult to navigate the levels, and possibly encourage the player to fly around a little more to lose some wool to fit through a doorway to progress through the level.

GK
:smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms