Sharp Edges On Curved Surfaces Challenge

For this challenge I made 2 bowling balls, because the first one that I made had well over 9000 triangles, so it didn’t match one of the criteria of the challenge.

So I made another bowling ball, but, this it had just a shy over 9000 triangles. But, if it had any less it would look really jagged and in the lesson itself the ball also had a bit more than 9000 triangles, so I hope that it can pass this challenge.

Also for the second ball I followed this tutorial made by the Default Cube YouTube channel to make that texture.

Version 1:

Version 2:

3 Likes

The number of vertices can be important, but it depends on many things.

• If animated, ball rolling fast to pins. Then probably motion blur or fast animation hides the inaccuracy of the ball. Low poly will help the render process, fast animation. etc.
  • For stills and prints, it is the other way around. Sharp, exact and realistic models are maybe required.

Don’t think too much about it, in this level of the course. You’re doing fine!

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice and your kind words. And, you’re right. I will try to not think too much about those details at his stage of the course.

But, sometimes, it’s difficult for me not think too much about. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In the beginning, I did the same. I wanted to do it in a mathematical precise logic.
No need for! Blender is also fun, fun and fun.
It is more a thing of how to create fun and beautiful things, in a efficient way.

2 Likes

You’re right. I need to change a bit my mindset on how I deal with the lessons, also how I learn working with Blender and not be too serious about it.

Thank you again for your advice. :grinning:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms