Sharing my solution on build error, Shadercompiler

Hello everyone!

I was struggling with a build error yesterday. I was trying to build the “ToonTanks” game. I was getting an error about Shadercompiler, FSubsurfaceIndirectDispatchCS, D3DCompiler, etc. I do not have the log sorry.

Solution:
In the “Engine/Config/ConsoleVariables.ini” i changed

this

; Uncomment to get detailed logs on shader compiles and the opportunity to retry on errors
;r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1
; Uncomment to dump shaders in the Saved folder
; Warning: leaving this on for a while will fill your hard drive with many small files and folders
;r.DumpShaderDebugInfo=1
; When this is enabled, SCW crashes will print out the list of jobs in the current worker
;r.ShaderCompiler.DumpQueuedJobs=1
; When this is enabled, when dumping shaders an additional file to use with ShaderCompilerWorker -direct mode will be generated
;r.DumpShaderDebugWorkerCommandLine=1
; When this is enabled, shader compiler warnings are emitted to the log for all shaders as they are loaded (either from the DDC or from a shader compilation job).
;r.ShaderCompiler.EmitWarningsOnLoad=1

to this

; Uncomment to get detailed logs on shader compiles and the opportunity to retry on errors
r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1
; Uncomment to dump shaders in the Saved folder
; Warning: leaving this on for a while will fill your hard drive with many small files and folders
r.DumpShaderDebugInfo=1
; When this is enabled, SCW crashes will print out the list of jobs in the current worker
r.ShaderCompiler.DumpQueuedJobs=1
; When this is enabled, when dumping shaders an additional file to use with ShaderCompilerWorker -direct mode will be generated
r.DumpShaderDebugWorkerCommandLine=1
; When this is enabled, shader compiler warnings are emitted to the log for all shaders as they are loaded (either from the DDC or from a shader compilation job).
r.ShaderCompiler.EmitWarningsOnLoad=1

I have VS 2019 and UE4 4.25. I hope this helps someone.

Best regards

Privacy & Terms