Sharing my goals

What are your VR Goals?

To learn VR game development using UE4, and try to keep a finger on the pulse of where VR game development is going.

How do you plan to follow the course?

I’m most likely going to start and finish the UE4 C++ course first, then circle back around to this one. I might try to do them both at the same time, though, as I’ve messed around in UE4 a little over the years.

Do you have a side project?

Yes and no. My side project is currently my main project.

What platform have you got?

An HTC Vive.

What are you looking forward to?

A general ability to handle myself both using UE4 and in working in VR. I followed a YouTube tutorial on setting up a plugin for arm swinging locomotion in VR, and didn’t have any issues at all, but I didn’t quite understand it enough to resolve the first problem I ran into on my own. I’d hate to have to start and stop constantly to ask basic questions that I might be able to figure out on my own if I’d just take the time to go through these courses. I know what needs to be done to resolve that problem (when holding an object that’s underneath you, you start floating up; simply add a flag to grabbed objects that disables collision with the player’s capsule component until you let go), but I have no idea how to proceed towards actually accomplishing it. I’d like to complete the courses, then see how I go about tackling that problem once I have my UE4 legs.

Privacy & Terms