Sharing My Game

Hello, i just want to share a simple game i made with Godot, this is my best effort in making game and thanks Gamedev for very helpful Godot course.

Here are the screenshots of the game, and link to download if anyone interested.

Link for download
Godot Game The Soldier

3 Likes

Wow! It’s a really good game.
Clever level design with the moving platforms and ladders. The platforms moving around on grids is good, you have to wait for the right moment.
Great animation of the character, including climbing ladders.
The bullets and rockets look the same, and I am using mouse click to fire, which is awkward, maybe there is a key to press. So I’m just trying to avoid the tanks now.

I’m stuck on the disappearing blocks section, but I will go back because I want to see the the rest of the game.

Great job, and I’m sad that there are not more people on here paying attention to the Godot course.

Thank you for playing my game :smile:, The assets from that game all from Kenney.nl including the soldier character. I am still using godot for making game, here is my WIP. game, i hope you can try it too, the game is simple and quite easy.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mtwabs1pzkhbp3i/Helli_Battle.rar/file

here are some ss for the game:

1 Like

The graphics are much better, the action is fun. I loved all the different power-ups.
At first I was trying to click the icons bottom left to change weapon, but realize it just changes on power-up. Choosing weapons would be good.

I would like my heli to move faster back and forth.

Also good would be if it could flip to face backwards to finish-off enemies.

On full screen, 1080 the background layers were slow to draw, see screenshot.

Yes, the weapon in GUI only display the current weapon, the speed powerup is within the game but i forgot to include in the list of available powerup to drop. :sweat_smile:.
Regarding to face backward it, i feel it awkward so i didn’t implement it. The screen is meant to be played with default resolution due to size of the parallax background and mirroring setting, and again i forgot to change the stretch setting
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Privacy & Terms