Shape keys in game engine?

In short, I wanted to ask: how are shape keys are used in a game engine (specifically Unity)? What are their uses, and their limitations? I’m mostly working with face animations right now, and wondering how much of the mouth and eyelids should be rigged, and what should be done with shape keys.

Trying to keep my model and rig as light as possible. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to add to this that we havent covered this and its not something i have actually done myself yet so i am unable to help.
I have got a Darrin Lile course on making a lego man and he uses 2D and the grease pencil i believe but i stopped before that section as i needed to focus on other projects.

He does in the end port this over to unity but again i havent got that far in his course so might be worth checking out

If you find his website too you can get a discount on the courses

Hope ths helps

Thanks! I actually have the same course, which is partly what inspired this question, lol. Darrin Lile goes over it with the grease pencil, which is great—I’m just curious how viable it works with actual mesh deformation in game engine. From what I’ve found, it can be done. Just not sure how much it should be.

I was considering getting Darrin Lile’s older course with the goblin, so a coupon would be very helpful. ^.^

Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms