Shadow hardness changes according to view

When I play my game, the shadows change hardness according to the view. When closer to the center of the camera, the shadows are soft. The moment it reaches to a point of the camera’s edges, the shadow gets hard.

ezgif-4-a11f1484f7f9

Look closely at the zombie’s shadows

Don’t know what may be causing that. It can be lot’s of things like you CPU and GPU not been able to handle all those zombies.

Try to see if your frame rate is getting low, if it doesn’t then play with the shadows settings in your main Light. If you are using URP try changing the shadow settings there. But it could also be working as intended, just try to play with your lights and see if you can make it work as you want it to, also play with your camera’s FOV and position.

I’ll check the setting, but it was happening before the zombies so I’m sure it doesn’t have to do with framerate. I’ll check it out, thanks.

Hi,

Do you use any post-processing effects in your game? Have you already checked the Graphics settings? Last but not least, you could check if your version of Unity has got a bug. Maybe try to update Unity to the latest stable version.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms