Setting the Scene

If Blender keeps crashing… I will have to put the course on the shelf till they fix the problems with crashing in 2.91.

But I managed to save my way little by little and here it is so far… I built the table using a boolean modifier just to practice some of the things we have learned so far. I made everything but the lamp on the table in the background, which is from blender kit. I was experimenting with lighting and how the sun lamp works. I put a roof over the room and out went the light. So I put that lamp there and added a point light to it. I then added a pretend ceiling light above the chess table. The chair didn’t come out the way I wanted and I found out the hard way if you use the mirror modifier don’t join the object together with another later because the whole joined object will split in half being only half visible lol.

5 Likes

Can you tell us a bit about your problems and sharing them?
So that others can learn or give some advice on the problems.

Some graphic cards have driver problems.
Try to search on these forums for more discussions about this.

Let us know how it is going …

Yes sir I have been looking on different forums and it appears to be a common problem with the latest and all the way back to 2.8.3 which seems to be the most stable version with no crashes. I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but can I roll it back to that version without restarting my project all over?

You can have multiple blender versions installed!
Each version has its own folder.
I do this often. New version to test thing out.
The old one for back up.

So try to install 2.8.3 also, and see if you newer project will load.

The most problems are about graphics cards drivers!
Other issues are, just performance issues. Too much vertices by subdivision.
Or in my case the Vonoroi texture, leads to crashes when fiddling in the material node editor.

ok will try that out soon. TYVM for the reply!

2.91.2 is out :grin:
Might have fixed various bugs.
There was one to do with one uv unwrapping mode in 2.91.1 but otherwise it does not crash on me.

1 Like

Ok awesome than you for the heads up ill give it a shot. God bless.

Privacy & Terms