Section 3 Lecture 41

It wasn’t until I started this Section that I noticed that my Unity is difficult to navigate.

How to explain? Umm… with Blender 2.8 RC2, rotating and panning the viewport makes more visual “sense” to me. When I pan and rotate the perspective/working viewport in Unity, it’s far too fast and in the case of rotation it seems to not be rotating around the selected object, but rather some other origin point. Are there any options I can play with to adjust the way that the viewport in Unity “handles”?

Ryzen 7, 64GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2060, 6GB
Windows 10 Pro
Unity Personal (non-paid)

1 Like

Hi Mark,

In Unity, you rotate around the pivot point. If you feel the pivot point is not at the right place, edit it in Blender.

Can do.

Anything to be done about the viewport rotation speed?

What do you mean by that?

The viewport rotates far too quickly. Is there a way to either slow it down or reduce mouse sensitivity?

Anyone?

Sorry for the late reply. I’m not quite sure what you mean by rotating the viewport. What viewport are you referring to?

No, there is no way to adjust the rotation speed of the transform tools in Unity. If the rotation is super slow and weird, click on the relevant game object in the Hierarchy and press “F” to focus.

Bear in mind that, unlike Blender, Unity is not a 3D modelling software. You can place assets in the scene but you cannot do anything “advanced”. When proceeding with the course, you’ll see that we spend a lot of time working on our scripts, and not so much time arranging stuff in the scene.

Thank you for your reply Nina.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms