Section 2 Wrap Up - Sports Car

So here is my Section 2 Wrap Up bonus challenge…

Cycles

I took a bit of time thinking about what model I wanted to make to finish off this section and settled on some sort of car. I tried really hard to do as much of it myself as I could using what we had learned from the past 2 sections and it was pretty fun! It took me a few attempts to get what I have here, and even then I know I did it a super long, difficult and inefficient way - I just lack the knowledge on streamlining the workflow.

I bumbled about for a while and made the body of the car. Paranoid I was doing it all wrong I ended up watching a YouTube Tutorial (CG Geek) to see if my methods were somewhat in the right direction and I was comforted to discover that I wasn’t a million miles away. I realise there is never a right or wrong way, just different. However, I’m of the opinion that there is a line at which there is a ‘wrong’ way if the method is just downright silly, and with a lack of experience under my belt I feared this was where I was at the time. I kept the body of my car but used the rest of the video to make the wheels.

I’m not super happy with the triangulation that’s happening on some of the faces of the car body. It was something I overlooked whilst I was wrapped up in edit mode and noticed way too late into the process. It’s something I just need to look out for in the future. If anyone has tips on how to avoid this that’d be great!

As for now though, I’m pleased with my work and I really have enjoyed applying what we learn in the lessons to my own projects. I have learned a lot from these two sections and am looking forward to starting the next!

4 Likes

Well done. Real car body shapes are hard to do.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms